Miniature & Instrument Ball Bearings
Standard to custom solutions engineered for performance, reliability, and value.
Our family of miniature & instrument ball bearings consists of high-precision bearings utilized in small, highly sensitive mechanical assemblies and other applications where high speeds, low torque, and reduced noise and vibration are primary concerns. Products include standard catalog bearings, specialty designs for ultra-high-speed operation (500,000 rpm), duplex and super duplex bearings, and custom solutions for demanding applications.
Standard variations to the basic types shown below include the addition of flanges, shields and seals, extended inner rings, reinforced outer rings, and modified dimensions. Additionally, we offer many component options that will enhance performance and extend the operating life of precision miniature & instrument ball bearings.
Niche and next-level solutions, like all-ceramic bearings, super duplex ball bearings, and precision mechanical subassemblies, are available through NHBB and related MinebeaMitsumi Group companies.
- Inch and metric series products ranging in bore sizes up to 0.9843 in. (25mm)
- Inch series thin section designs up to 2.0625 in. (52.388mm) bore
- High precision (ABEC-5 -7 -9) tolerance choices
- Specialized corrosion- and heat-resistant ring materials
- High-grade steel/ceramic balls and special ball coatings
- Molded/machined steel & thermoplastic cages
- Premium synthetic oil and dry film lubricants
- Integrated features for optimized form, fit and function
Bearing Series & Types
Bearing Customization and New Product Development
In addition to providing you with standard products, we can customize bearings to work outside the usual spectrum of load, temperature, corrosion resistance, and rotational speed. If you are designing a new aircraft subsystem, our product engineers can assist you with bearing selection, design, and engineering.
For heightened performance challenges, our applications engineering department may involve the New Product Development Center to identify and develop a unique solution.